Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Best Version of... YOU!

I very much appreciate the the point that I believe the fitness world is trying to make today, and that is being fit is what's in... not skinny, not fat, and definitely not the number on your scale.  It's all about having a healthy body and mind.  

I stopped comparing my body to other's a loooong time ago.  It didn't help.  I have been thin my whole life, but I also grew up feeling like a little girl and even a boy at times (don't read into that one, lol).  I wasn't curvy.  Clothes weren't flattering on me.  I wasn't sexy at all.  All of those negative thoughts probably kept the boys away more so than all that I thought I was lacking in my physique.  

It took me about 35 years to develop a (somewhat) curvy-petite shape.  That did require me to put on a few extra pounds, which I gladly traded!  However, I do think that I have traded a bit too much.  It's not about what I look like next to others.  It's not the number on the scale.  It's just that I have passed my zone of comfort.  It's time to trade back some of those curves for a healthier, fitter me.  The Amy that I had known before, but better.  Why?  Well, not because I need to make something up to fit this quote, but because even if I tone up and shed a few pounds, I still have some curves.  I won't go back to my little girl body.  Cheers to being a woman!  






No comments:

Post a Comment