Saturday, January 9, 2016

Aging Gracefully


Have I mentioned that I am 37 years old?  Have I mentioned that I am having a mid-life crisis?  Perhaps I will share this story another day;  however, what I will share is that my anxiety stems from growing old.  Aging.  And all of the changes that go along with it.  So it was no wonder that this article, "9 Things People Aging Gracefully Do" caught my attention.

I suggest reading the whole article (by Yagana Shah) here.  But here is the low down...

1.  They workout to get strong, not skinny.
      Sounds like my last 6 posts!  I'm trying!

2.  They stress less.
      Overall, I'm a pretty chill person.

3.  They've let go of regrets and grudges.
      I can't say that I have any regrets.  I have a few grudges I need to get over, but I have also                  let many people in my life go because of their negativity.  

4.  They learn something new each day.
     I don't know about everyday, but I certainly do try! 

5.  They don't overdo it with the makeup.
      Does wearing makeup made with natural ingredients count!?!  I wear makeup everyday.  But I 
      don't go overboard and overdo it.

6.  They stay positive.
      I try... This blog is as much about keeping myself positive and it is spreading to others.

7.  They get enough sleep.
      I go to bed too late.  This is one of my weak ones.

8.  They embrace their changing looks.
      I have been in denial for a while about this one.  I am trying to work through this one, hoping that
      working out and using my chemical-free Lemongrass Spa (of course I make a shout out!) skin             products will help prolong my youthful appearance.  

9.  They eat and drink to their health.
      Does that mean with a glass of bubbly?  LOL... I do try and eat healthy, but I also indulge as             well.  I am working on finding that happy and healthy balance.  

Sooooooooo... how do you fair up to this?  7, 8, & 9 are my top areas that I need to improve in to help make my aging process for graceful so hopefully I can nip this mid-life crisis in the bud, ASAP.

**Sorry about the rough formatting here.  Tried to fix it a few times and nuthin'.  ;(

No comments:

Post a Comment