Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy 2016!

New Year's Day... a new year, a fresh page, and day one for those infamous resolutions.  Whether you call them resolutions or goals, frankly I don't see the real difference, chances are you are not going to achieve them.  Woah... how's that for positivity?  I've stopped making resolutions some time ago because I too fell with the majority and didn't quite conquer what I had set myself up for in the early days of the new year.

Instead, let's make this a HAPPY new year by making a list of things that make you happy.  Then each day you can work towards something that will enhance your happiness (with a potentially instant gratification).   That sounds so much better than the drudgery of having to do something because you made an official resolution to do so.  Another perk too is that if you are listing what makes you happy in life, you are reminded of it and hopefully of your blessings as well.

What you may also find, is that if you truly list what makes you happiest,  you may be able to knock off some of those resolutions or goals that you would have otherwise made.  So I have listed what makes me happy and beneath each one, I have listed what I can do to appreciate it more, or make myself or the happiness itself even better.

1.  Ewan
-Take deep breaths when doing homework with him to enjoy that one and one time with him rather than becoming frustrated.
-Pay more attention when he talks (boy does he talk ALOT) because it may not always be this way.
-Laugh and be silly with him as much as possible!

2.  John
-Continue to have fun and laugh
-Make sure he feels loved and appreciated every day

3.  Family
-Talk to them more, like actual telephone conversations
-Take the opportunities that I have to spend with them and spend it with them

4.  Friends
-Talk or text more
-Go out more often, even on double-dates

5.  Looking Good and Feeling Good
-Trade out some old outfits for some new ones
-Keep wearing those heels
-Follow the P90X3 program January-March
-Floss daily
-Drink more water
-Choose healthier snacks

6.  Being Me
-Plan a wedding that is organic and true to who John and I are
-Write
-Continue with Lemongrass Spa in whatever degree I care to
-Raise money for American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
-Try something new

Although my bullets may sound like resolutions or goals, I am not binding myself to them.  There is no failure to be had.  However, I am all about self-improvement and continuous growth.  So as I was typing them, I was already imagining myself doing them and the gratification that was had in doing so.  They are all things that I am capable of, some I already do on a regular basis (woo hoo, already a victory there!) but all things that I know will help to create the relationships, health, and happiness in the life that I want.   How are you going to make this a HAPPY New Year?

No comments:

Post a Comment