Friday, July 31, 2015

Wiser or Just Old!?!



Is it true that with  age comes knowledge and wisdom?  It seems that with age and wisdom (if they come hand in hand) comes a practicality that can be at times... dull, lol.  For instance, take a look at the photo above.  Not the best of photos, but I think that you will get the point.

The heels in the back were my typical summer sandal buy for the past couple of years.  Fun, strapy, and sexy!  Last year when I went to France I bought the sandals in the middle.  I still wanted something fun and cute, but sacrificed a bit (okay, a chunk) of the sexy for comfort.  This year, the only new sandals that I bought were the two in the front.  The brown is a CROC!!! and the black mass is a weaved shoe with a wedge.  Do you see the digression here people!?!?!?!?!  :0

After walking a marathon in one day last year in Paris in my Aerosole sandals, I learned a lesson of sorts and the Crocs this year are my replacement for them.  They along side the black wedges will be joining me on this year's vacation.  I still feel like I could do worse, there are less attractive shoes out there, but I feel like perhaps I am only just a step away (no pun intended, lol).

I will be bringing one more pair of shoes... my sneakers.  That's right.  You read that correctly.  I will be bringing my sneakers on my romantic child-free vacation.  As comfy as those weaved wedges and Crocs may be, I don't think that they are going to be of much help climbing this...


Any guesses where we are going?!???
I think in the case of the sneakers, wisdom wins out, don't you think?  ;)



If aging doesn't grant us either, then I am wiser through my experiences... let's just hope that those Crocs work, otherwise it's back to fun and cute next year!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment