Monday, July 6, 2015

10 Ways to Make Yourself Feel Happier and Healthier

I came across this article and thought that it was quite good.  You can read it in its entirety here.  However, I will summarize it by listing the 10 ways this article claims will make you feel happier and healthier.

1.  Keep Mornings Calm
On weekends and during summer vacation, I do a decent job of keeping the mornings calm.  On work/school days though, not so much.  It just takes me sooo long to get ready in the morning.  Even when I prepare everything the night before.  I'm just so slow, then I have to do a mad dash to leave on time.  So, this is an area that I would like to improve.  I wish I were a morning person.  I envy those that wake up and go for a run and have breakfast... all with a smile on their face.  So that is something that I am striving to get better at!

2.  Make Time to Move
This area I do quite well in.  If I am not be-bopping around the city with or without my son, I am working out, or... something.  I spend very little time in front of the t.v. (but a tad more on the computer ;))

3.  Eat Real Food
Clean eating... when I put my mind to it, I can do it!  It's just that my mind is not always in it.  I have room to improve here.

4.  Reach for Water
This seems so simple.  Yet, I find this one so difficult!  I can work out daily and follow a strict diet plan, however, drinking 1/2 of my body weight in ounces is the hardest part for me.  It's not even that I am choosing other drinks instead.  Most days, I don't drink a total of my body weight.  I know how important water is for you and how bad it is that I am not drinking.  This is the one that I want to improve on the most!

5.  Listen When Your Body Talks
I am not keen on rushing to the doctor's, but I do try to pay attention to how my body feels and accommodate it accordingly.  It's important to be in-tuned with your body.  You know yourself best!

6.  Love Those Vegetables
And I do!  With a clean eating plan, it is easy to eat the required amount of veggies for the day.  This is such a great time of year as well for getting fresh veggies!  My favorites come from my father's garden.  I'm so psyched because I finally have some outdoor space and have tomatoes and peppers growing, yay!

7.  Invest in Fitness and Health
Between workout programs, shakes, healthy foods and now... natural skin care products, I do!  I even been choosing to spend my money here rather than on clothing, crazy!

8.  Remember to be Grateful
There is little that want or wish for.  And there is no one else's life that I would trade for.  I believe that if I want something, get up and go get it.  I am happy with my life and therefore appreciate all of the many blessings that I have.  

9.  Slow Down to Smile
Sometimes difficult in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of a busy day, but... this ones seems to go hand in hand with being grateful.  We all do need to slow down, take a deep breath, be grateful, and smile!  Life is good.  :)

10.  Rest
I learned this best when I was taking care of my son on my own.  If it meant leaving the laundry until the next day, then I left it.  If it meant, leaving things for the weekend to tackle, I did.  I rested when I needed and didn't overexert myself unnecessarily.  What I do need to improve upon here is going to bed at an earlier time.  Ironically, I go to bed earlier when I am on vacation and don't have to wake early the next day than when I am working.  

This is how I fair in these 10 ways to help improve health and happiness.  My goals:  drink more water, be more consistent in clean eating, and wake up earlier!  What about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment