Monday, June 22, 2015

The Speed of Light

They say that time flies when you are having fun, but whoa... it's hard to believe that is has been 3 weeks since my last post!  This blog had gotten off to a semi-slow start to begin with and the last thing that I wanted was for it to come to a halt, but with today being my last Monday of work (YAY!) before summer vacation, I really won't have any reasons or excuses for long absences.

June has turned out to be a rather hectic month.  I'm always busy at work this time of year putting together slide shows and whatnot for the Pre-K, K, and 5th grade graduations.  I'm a technology teacher, so I am on the computer all day long anyways, however, putting together multiple slide shows really drives the eyes out of my head!  That is partially the reason why I haven't blogged in so long.  But, I am finally done with all of that too.  

What makes this year different is that my own son graduated kindergarten!  My son graduated kindergarten!?!?!!!!!  It's so crazy.  He's changed so much this year... all in positive ways!  I'm so proud of him for all of his hard work and for the little man he is becoming.  It's an exciting time!  It's also a heartfelt time.  As far as I have planned, he is my one and only.  I won't ever experience all of this again with a child and time seems to be passing so quickly with him.   

I was lying in bed with him tonight (out nightly ritual) and thinking about how he doesn't need me to lay with him anymore.  We both know he can go to sleep without any fuss without me, yet still we spend that quiet time together, even if it is just for a few minutes.  For a long time, that was my favorite time of the day.  But soon, that too will pass and we will have to find a new routine more fitting.  

Life passes before us with the speed of light.  It's hard to hold on to what inevitably needs to move on and change.  All that we can do to preserve those special moments is to enjoy them for as long as we possibly can before time catches up with us and passes.  








No comments:

Post a Comment