Monday, April 13, 2015

It Has Arrived!



It has arrived!  My Lemongrass Spa Consultant Kit arrived in the mail today!  I was so excited to get it and to try all of the different products, yet it is already 10:45 pm and I still have yet to take a close look at most of them.

I missed my deadline to invite people to my launching party by one day, so I was busy taking photographs (lol... living the dream) like the one seen above and creating an "Event" page on Facebook so that I could get the invitations out to everyone.  My big day is April 25th and then again on May 3rd. My apartment is only so big and there is a limit as to how many people I can comfortably accommodate, so I invited a big group of people and am letting them choose with the hope that the attendance will be balanced.

This past week, which is essentially my first week in the business world has been rather fun.  I launched my Facebook page and am 4 shy of hitting my first milestone of 50 Likes.  I just sent out invitations to my launching parties too.  I've also been planning and purchasing items that I think will make my spa parties seem professional and classy.  I bought some trial sized containers and little mesh bags to create free take-homes.  I have also bought towels and little soaking tubs for mini-pedicures.  I even bought some small decor like a lemongrass candle, a wicker basket, and lemons... just to help create a relaxing ambiance.

I have always wanted business cards and I am looking forward to designing and creating my own business card.  That is probably my next big to-do.  Well, right after making an order with Lemongrass for both myself (yay!) and for my parties!  I also hope to launch this blog by the end of this week as well.  The only thing that I want to have in place before launching  (sharing on Facebook) is my donation page for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.  That is an important piece for the inspiration behind all that I am doing and it needs to be there before I begin to share this blog with others.

What I have learned so far is that I need to be organized and I need to set dates and time lines for myself.  I am not sure how things will change once things start to develop and more sales occur.  I imagine I will need to continue to be organized as well.  I know that is a skill that I helps me as a teacher too.  I also know that I will not publish many posts such as this one.  Today I am just blabbing away, but I am doing that because I am excited!  We all need something that stirs things up for ourselves and makes us happy.

I just changed my Facebook profile image and it seems very fitting to share here to end this post.  I whole-heartedly believe this...












No comments:

Post a Comment