Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Pathways

There is nothing more freeing than taking ownership over your own life and making choices based on what you feel in your gut and what you believe in.  Even if the choices that you make don't end up working out the way that you would have planned or hoped, there is great value in knowing that you followed your own heart rather than an expectation imposed upon you.  I believe that is so empowering that even if you stumble, you are less likely to give up on finding the path that is just right for you.  Freedom is fierce!

Learning to trust my gut is a skill that I only recently obtained myself.  It's hard to weed out all of the other factors and influences... some can be so convincing!  But if you can honestly say that you know yourself, trust yourself, and believe in yourself... you're in.  It doesn't matter if you cannot see where the path is taking you.  As long as you can keep your head up and continue to put one foot in front of the other, you cross paths with the fun and adventure that awaits you along the way.  And when life decides to balance itself out and you find yourself in some tough times, I believe it is easier to accept what needs to be accepted, to deal with what needs to be dealt with, and to take what it is worth and continue to keep putting one foot in front of the other when your mind and your heart are in the right place.  A good place.  A healthy place.

I think that it is fair for me to say that I have recently begun a new chapter in my life.  I am not sure where this new path will lead me... what adventures and opportunities will come of it.  All that I do know is that it fees right.  I trust in that and that brings such a sense of comfort and peace.  And excitement!!

When did you choose a path that just felt right?  Did it work out the way you planned?  Did it lead to something better or unexpected?  Please share!!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment