Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Finding Comfort



Last year at this time, I happened upon this quote and it gave me such solace.  This is a difficult time of year for me.  This Sunday, May 17th, marks that it has been 4 years since Dale left us.  During the course of the past 4 years, I have told myself many things to help keep my head above the water.  I've never veered off the path of reality for I don't believe that would help.  But I have laid out both my faith and hope in hopes of gaining peace and comfort.  To be completely honest, I am not sure what happens after we die and I am not up for getting into theories and religion right now either.  What I do know is that when I found this quote last year, it made me tear up immediately, for I want nothing more to believe that it is true.  I will never truly know if it is or not, but the want and the need to believe that it is possible makes the harsh reality of Dale's death a bit more bearable.  For that, I am grateful and hope too that someone else reading this will find that same solace in reading this as we have all lost someone that we loved dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment